The mission of the Office of Academic Planning is to provide vision and leadership for evidence-based decision making at the University of Georgia.
The central elements of this mission are:
- Continuous improvement of UGA’s programs through systematic assessment of established outcomes
- Accurate and timely analysis of institutional data for decision making purposes; and
- Coordination of the University’s accreditation process.
To accomplish these mission elements, the Office of Academic Planning:
- Plans and implements strategies to assess the extent to which the University achieves its mission and strategic goals.
- Collects, organizes, maintains, and analyzes institutional and other data to support University management, operations, decision making, and planning.
- Coordinates a comprehensive system of evaluation for all programs and units that contribute to the mission and strategic goals of the University.
- Provides leadership and administrative support for the University’s learning outcomes assessment processes.
- Promotes the implementation of improvements identified through assessment and evaluation.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and facilitates the process of reaffirmation of accreditation.
- Integrates, to the extent possible, internal evaluation processes with external accrediting and reporting needs.